Project Gila is a transgender association dedicated to creating a more inclusive world for transgender individuals. They’re connecting transgender tutors with organizations, who educate them how to communicate with transgender employees and how to provide a safe work-environment for them.
What is the problem and its effects?
Transgender individuals often face discrimination, bias, and limited opportunities in the job market, including in the freelance economy. This affects their ability to find clients, earn a fair income, and establish a successful career. There is a need for a safe and inclusive platform that enables transgender freelancers to showcase their skills, connect with clients, and thrive in their chosen fields.
There is no dedicated marketplace that caters specifically to transgender freelancers.
Proposal for solution
- Project Gila has access to a database of Transexual freelancers
- Transgender freelancers will be willing to offer their services through an online platform
- Limited information about current freelancers
OUT OF SCOPE
- Highly secured solution - hacking the website could be brutal
Metrics for success
- Increase the number of registered transgenders
- ±100 daily website page views within 3 months
- Increase the number of organizations requesting courses month over month by 10%
- Web interface:
- Display the freelancers (name, description, image, link, email address, photo) and call-to-action to contact them via Email (or WhatsApp)
- Lead form: name, email address, website link, phone number, short description of the skills/offer, and upload a photo.
- Secure the contact us form with captcha, hash the details / photos of the freelancers
- Server side:
- Integrate the lead form to Monday.com to create a board that will serve as the database for storing the freelance information
- The board will be named: Freelance submissions
- The board should have columns that correspond to the data captured on website
- Submissions management:
- Upload the data to the website (through wordpress?)
- Add options to remove/add new freelancers
- Grant access only for Project Gila users