Part of Maavarim activities are to be the trans community representatives in the Knesset. They are forced to back their opinions with data.
For example: we have a strong feeling that homophobic and transphobic hate speeches are becoming more common in our current political state, we need to show trend so the government will take us seriously.
What is the problem and its effects?
It could make us look not as good as we can.
The current state is that we don’t have that data
Proposal for solution
A social network scraper that looks for a specific users hate speeches
- Maavarim are not going to use it often, but when they do it will be significant
- Maavarim should pay as less as possible for 3rd parties - so free tools are prefered
OUT OF SCOPE
- Other transphobic profiles detectors (not those that Maavarim are already tracking)
Metrics for success
- Usable through a public link any time needed
- Saved the day at least once on a Knesset meeting
→ Dashboard (web interface):
- Should be secured and grant access only to Maavarim employees
- Displays the users that we are tracking
- Ability to add more /remove users profiles or groups to track
→ Front end (web interface):
- Infographic of hate speeches mount over time (2y)
→ Server end:
- Scrape users profiles and groups via API key for (any of the above will be great):
- Analyze those users public published content and use AI to determine whether the content is transphobic
- Users profiles and groups should be saved in DB, it’s should be available only for the secured Maavarim dashboard
→ A database